Unfortunately, WiFi problems can and will happen, not only with the Crystal Water Monitor, but with other products. This WiFi troubleshooting article focuses only on the Crystal Water Monitor device.
Before we begin troubleshooting the Crystal Water Monitor, please make sure you are able to connect your mobile device to your router gateway and access our servers. For connectivity information for your device, use the following urls:
Android Devices: Click here for information on how to fix internet connection problems on Android devices.
Apple Devices: Click here for information on how to fix internet connection problems on Apple devices.
First, let's see if you can access the Crystal Water Monitor website. Make sure you are connected through WiFi and open your mobile web browser. Then, navigate to the Crystal Water Monitor Website.
If you are able to view the website, let's check to see if the monitor can send a sample over your WiFi.
- Perform an On-Demand Sample by pressing and releasing the button quickly.
- Ensure the LED flashes blue. If it flashes red immediately, your monitor is not set up and you’ll need to set up your monitor using the app.
- After about 6 seconds the LED will flash green if it was able send the sample over your WiFi or it will flash red to indicate it could not send the sample.
NOTE: Some WiFi errors are transient, so you may want to send a few more samples this way to test it out.
If your monitor is failing to send samples to the servers there could be many different things that are interfering with your connection. Here are a list of things to try to fix WiFi Problems:
- Move the monitor closer to your WiFi router.
- Ensure the monitor has line-of-sight to the router. Large or dense objects (concrete, Hot Tubs, water, your cousin Chad) may impair the signal.
- Ensure the WiFi signal reaches to your monitor by connecting your mobile phone to the same network and turning off cellular. Can you reach a web page while standing next to the monitor? If not, you may need to purchase a WiFi extender or Repeater from your Internet Service Provider. (Click for More Info)
- Ensure the WiFi router is connected to the internet by connecting your mobile phone to the same network and turning off cellular. Can you reach a web page?
- The Crystal Water Monitor uses 2.4GHz WiFi network. Your home or work router almost certainly has one or can be configured to connect through the 2.4GHz frequency. If you are unsure, please consult your router's user manual for instructions on how to access the gateway or configure one.