If you happen to get an error when photo scanning your test strip, please make sure of the following:
- Ensure you've selected the correct test strip in Crystal app that matches test strip you are using. The Crystal App can photo scan many different types of test strips but if you don't match the app setting to your actual test strip the scan will likely fail. Here's a list of photo scannable test strips. If you have a strip that is not photo scannable you will need to compare the colored pads to the test strip packaging and enter the results manually into the app.
- Make sure you are taking a picture of your test strip against a plain white background. A white envelope or piece of unlined paper is sufficient.
- The lighting should be bright and there should be no shadows over any part of the test strip in the photo.
- Align the test strip in the on-screen template (pictured below). Tap the strip on the screen to focus the photo.
- You test strip is photo scannable for up to 60 seconds before the pads dry out. After 60 seconds the test strip will not scan properly and you should dip another test strip before taking a photo.